Thursday 17 December 2015

The Chronicles of Leo: Wieczòr Cultury Włoskiej

Someday/10/2015
L: “Ok Chiara, don’t worry, it will be easy: this is Coliseum, this is spaghetti, this is the Inter Milan shield. No effort, no sweat, no troubles. We will feed them in the end and they even will thank us.”
C: “Leo, I have different ideas. Enough. History as protagonist. Rome, Renaissance, Fascism, this kind of stuff. Of course, after we can cook as well.”
L: “Are you kidding me?! We will mess everything up! It’s too long, too hard to resume, too hard to understand. Take it easy!”
C: “I was here first. I asked you just for being polite. I am in charge, not you.”
L: “…..ok, deal done.”


Someday/11/2015
L: “uff…so..Rome, Middle Age, Renaissance, Resourgence, Fascism, Postwar, Led Years, 80s and 90’s? With food, music, videos and movies more? Something else? Don’t you think is too much? How can we manage all this stuff properly?-”
C: “We will do, enough with complaining! Remember we have to put double subtitles in the movies: both Polish and English, we don’t want anybody to feel cut off. We need to enslave that Turkish guy..the one with blue eyes, he looks like too cute to rebel..what is his name..ah Berkan! And Andrea, the other Italian, he can make pizza. Tons of pizza.”
L: “Why wasn’t I born in San Marino?”
C: “Why don’t you save breath and energy to work? Since you are like a loser and you got sick 1500 kms away from Wroclaw, you will revise 2000 years of history and write down the plot. You have time. I will follow the logistics, calling around, meeting people, doing things etc etc…(you know, faccio cose, vedo gente)
L: “I cannot choose, I suppose.”
C: “Exactly!”



16/12/2015, a few minutes before the beginning.
L: ”psss..Chiara, I have accidentally cut my finger, deeply!”
C: ”You fool! I don’t mind if you die for bleeding! Keep strong and do your duty!”
L: ”anf..anf..ok ok.” (about to faint)
16/12/2015, evening over
L: “Thank you! You’re the best!!..psss Chiara they are clapping!”
C: “We just did what we had to do, don’t get so emo”.
L: "Ok, let's go eating!"

6/6/1944: Overlord operation begins.
20/6/1969: Apollo 11 lands on the Moon surface.
9/11/1989: the Berlin Wall falls down.
16/12/2015: Italian cultural evening takes place.



LEO & CHIARA

No comments:

Post a Comment