Tuesday 19 May 2015

About cultural event in childrengarden

All April I was sharing Ukrainian culture with small children from one Wroclaw kindergarten ( 4 -5 years). Let`s see how it was.

Firstly, I can sat that children were good prepared for the meeting. They were expected for guest from Ukraine. I am so happy that I could practice my polish with so small and cute children. Sometimes they were confused that I am already big girl , I could understand and even speak polish( I have started to learn it in Ukraine), but still I have some mistakes in pronunciation. I explained that we have similar languages and speak more properly I will be able after some practice.


On the first meeting, before my presentation started I asked children to share with me their ideas about my country. I wasn’t expected so much from them, but can you imagine my surprise when they said to me that there is a war in Ukraine and they were worried about this topic and asked me some questions.

When I told them that polish pierogi originally came from Ukraine they were confused and even didn’t believe me, but then I shared the story about vareniki.


All month we were learning Ukrainian culture through folk dance, song and national food. As a result we had final day of Ukraine where parents of all children were invited. We had opportunity to demonstrate them our Ukrainian-Polish integration. 


I believe that in this way ,we teach children from early beginning to be open- minded, tolerant to other people and cultures.


No comments:

Post a Comment