Wednesday 6 May 2015

About Umur!

Merhabalar!!!

I am Umurhan, from Turkey. I arrived Poland 1.5 months ago and have things to say about these time period. Everything started when I was chosen by Semper Avanti to become a volunteer. I was mentally ready but I did not know what to expect from this experience. I got my ticket, packed and waited for my departure date. Until I board to the plane from Istanbul, none of these preparations were seemed real. It was just like a dream. Yet, there I was, flying on the level of gods and dragging myself to new type of adventure and experience.

When I land to Warsaw, new life had started! I had an amazing time in Warsaw, got a little bit of Polish history thanks to a free walking tour (I strongly recommend it!). When I saw a little of Warsaw, I came to Wroclaw to start everything from scratch. I met with amazing people, got a little bit drunk during my first night, slept in a hotel and so on. Later I met with stuff of Semper Avanti, and they told me about my duties as a volunteer. Without even realizing, I became a part of the team and I was ready to boom!

I went some schools for presentations, some schools for workshops. Kids in these school loved me! They showed me and my country so much interest, which made me really happy. Beside my volunteering related life, I had amazing journeys through some regions of Poland. I went to Torun, Poznan and a pearl in Far East, Bialystok. And I still want to see more!! You should hear my other stories as soon as I have some. Until I do something crazy again, görüşürüz!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment