Wednesday 15 July 2015

About Michael Bersky!

Let me introduce myself. I am Michael Bersky, 18 years old Czech volunteer in organisation named Semper Avanti established in Wroclaw.

When I was told that I am qualified and I will be volunteering in Wroclaw, I was just so incredibly happy - screaming, shouting and looking for new adventures. And now I am here. Out of my comfort zone, surrounded by different people in an unfamiliar environment. I will not forget the first orgasmic moments when it was certain that I will go to Poland. So now….How can I get angry, how can I get sad knowing that I am here, in Wroclaw, where my heart desired to be. Grateful to all of those people in organisation and Erasmus+.

There is a saying: Try to be a solution, not another problem. For me the main reason behind volunteering is to give without expecting anything back. I will try to follow those sentences and make them my life motto.

I study high school and this is my first long term out of the home experience. And I am curious how it feels live on your own. I hope, this will be a worthy experience which I will acquire during my EVS.


I will be working together with my amazing team in Wroclaw for 12 months, mainly focusing on projects connected to social topics (human rights workshops, discussion clubs and cultural evenings). I also would like to offer my contribution related to different activities besides the main schedule (as a laughter yoga sessions, good healthy habits sessions or something else), but will see how it goes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment