Tuesday 9 February 2016

A new volunteer from South Italy: Rosario!

I’m Rosario, I'm 30, and I come from Basilicata, in the South of Italy.
I studied "Politics and European Integration" in Padova and "International Relations" in Bologna, so I obtained a Bachelor's and a Master's degree. I decided to partecipate in this project for different reasons. First of all, I'd like to prove myself far from home. Then, because it would be a very important opportunity for my personal growth, so I could have an experience in a multi-cultural environment, discovering Poland, knowing people from all over Europe, speaking English and improving it. Moreover, I would like to learn a bit of Polish to comunicate better with local people and immerse myself completely into the culture of this country.
I am keen on topics related to the European integration process. The values promoted by "Semper Avanti" are deeply related to my education and my cultural sensitivity: that’s why I chose to participate to the "Multi-Cultural Café" activities and to contribute to this project, offering my skills and knowledge. When I read the main aims of the association, I said: “wow, this EVS is for me”!!
Moreover, I’ve discovered that Wroclaw is the World Book Capital and the European Capital of Culture in 2016: I have to admit that this is one more reason to participate in the project!!
Concerning me, I'm a very open minded person, friendly and easygoing. I like to listen and play music (I sing and play guitar and piano), reading, cinema, news and politics, history, philosophy, football and also astrology!!
I'll be here until August: I think I'll enjoy this experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment