Wednesday 13 April 2016

There I back again...

Brief story of the Young International Turk…


When the leaves have just began to falling the ground on the October afternoon, I was the one who cried within passion of breathing on the mercy hands of my nurse. I said “hello” to our present world, on the path of being good, adventurer and the wise one.  Years past so fast and I grown up in Istanbul. While ethernet connections were spreading every house, I was using that technological miracle for my own sake, aim to be ‘the international one’. Thus, since high-school period, I used to have intend to meet with foreigners and improve my mind through exploring their cultures, languages and behaviours as well…

I study at International Relations department in Ege University. But at the same time, I was building international relations around me through AIESEC and Erasmus students who came to study on our faculty. I have been hosted many foreign ones, have had amazing friends who will never be forgotten. During my university period, I was entrepreneur one who found many opportunity to work and earn money. I efforted to get mutual benefits mostly through using English. I was using my energy and potential for those who are not different than I am. But I would like to be different. Suddenly, I decided to participate Erasmus programme to the way of Bialystok/Poland, which I called that period as ‘the renaissance’.


Please assume that, you are a veterinarian who has allergy to any animal hair therefore can not operate on and cure them. Before having an abroad experience, studying International Relations meant the same to me. Erasmus in Bialystok flamed the ember inside me which belongs to the aim of being international one. I have travelled, been in many multi-lingual & multi-cultural athmosphere. All of these contributed positively to my personal skills, self-confidence and passion to explore more. Further, I would not be the same me on the past… During my days on Erasmus, I also travelled to your beloved city, Wroclaw, when I was exploring around Poland on my Erasmus period. Honestly, I fall in love with your pure & natural city. As I observed, it’s less crowded, noisy and fulfilled with colors of student life.
After my Erasmus experience in Bialystok, I back to Turkey. Study one more year, completed my bachelor thesis on the subject of “European Integration”. 

Before I graduated, I have an internship opportunity in Vilnius, Lithuania. So, I participate there to make Musninkai rural area more international. Preventing prejudices against foreigners, improve this area’s social conditions, making the youth ones’ more open-minded were some of my tasks on this internship. At the same time, we organized Youth Exchange Project which purposed to advice participants to live more healthy. I stayed with a Lithuanian family, so I learnt so much knowledges of their cultures and attitudes. Indeed, I still speak Lithuanian and react like one of them. During this internship period, I travelled further. Hitch-hiked from Paris to Amsterdam and only find a place though CouchSurfing. Gained amazing memories and unforgettable moments with my two closer friends. Specifically, I call my Erasmus internship period as a historical fact : my “reform”.


(Last summer, with our dear driver,
while we were hitch-hiking through Brussels - Amsterdam)


When I was in Vilnius, I considered to apply for EVS Project which announced by Semper Avanti. Thus, I would be the one who may organize educating events, workshops and some seminars to the youth who wish to be enlighted. I thought, I will feel like at home in Wroclaw at the same time, due to my previous experiences. So, afterwards a nice interview, I approved by dear Agata. Since then, I am trying my best to improve my Polish skills to communicate within every person whom I responsible to do somethings. There and back again to Wroclaw… Problems will be solved, barriers will be broken and targets will be reached.
The day may come, and I will call that EVS experiences as my “Enlightment period” as a whole. But till this day, I will effort to affect Polish youth’s mind positively to be more international, calm, tolerated and integrated among each other.

Dziekuje…

No comments:

Post a Comment