Monday 26 October 2015

About Flávio!

Hello! My name is FLÁVIO FORTES. I come from Cape Verde and I am a volunteer. I finished my degree in Tourism Management and Planning in July, and now I'm here in the city of Wroclaw - Poland representing the volunteers of the Youth Center of São Vicente Island - Cape Verde.

My leisure time I like being with my friends, listening to music and playing basketball. I also love swimming and relaxing on the beach enjoying the sun.
It`s since 2008 I have been exercising my active citizenship and I have been a volunteer of law - Poland representing the volunteers of the Youth Center of São Vicente Island participating in various activities that are held regularly at the organization.

I consider myself as a responsible and multitask volunteer, this for having a volunteer work experience in the following areas:

* Environmental (amonh others cleaning campaigns, planting trees, protection of sea turtles);

* Health (Blood donation, reiaing an awareness of young people in healthy lifestyle

* Social (collecting donations for the most vulnerable families);

* Education (conducting informal training to empower young people and order to combat and prevent early school leaving)

Recognizing my volunteer work done so far, the Youth Centre has appointed me to participate in EVS in order to apply my knowledge and share my experience as a volunteer.

What brought me here and keeps me motivated is the possibility to develope my skills and knowledge, acquire new experiences through cultural exchange with other participants of EVS, and then sharing them with the volunteers in my country, especially the Youth center of São Vicente. I believe that EVS is going to be also an unique opportunity for my personal growth and it is also very important for me.

I'm still in the adaptation phase, I am trying to adjsut the multicultural life of the Erasmus residence which already is “an enriching experience".

Even though I am only at the beginning of my EVS project, I already recommend the experience to all open-minded young and willing to learn new customs.

I already know that for me it`s being arguably the most enriching experience of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment