Tuesday 20 October 2015

Our new volunteer from Italy: Leonardo!

Hi everybody,

My name is Leonardo Lucchi, I’m 26 years old and I come from Cesena, a little town in the north of Italy. I studied International Relations in Forlì (University of Bologna) and I spent six months in Madrid for Erasmus. Ok, now the ice is break and I want you to know how and why I am here.
After nearly a year working in a field I really don’t like I wanted to give my life another direction. My desire was waking up, day by day, and being excited for what I’d going to do. When I saw the announcement of a project related with youth education abroad, I had no doubt and I applied. For Marseille, south of France, a warm place, as I like. Nonetheless, the staff of organization told me that going to France without knowing French wouldn’t be very well and inform me about a very interesting and similar project in Wroclaw, Poland. You can easily imagine how this has developed:
  •         I googled “Wroclaw” and I liked, apart from the issue of climate;
  •         I confirmed my interest;
  •         I made a skype interview;
  •         It went wrong;
  •         The chosen one preferred to go to Marseille (….);
  •         I was chosen and here I am.  

Now the “how” is clear, I think it’s fair you know something more about the “why”. Between the end of my Master degree and the job I didn’t like, I spent four months more in Madrid, as teacher of Italian in a private language school. I didn’t have particular interest in teaching or in the educational field. They paid me and it allowed me to come back to my beloved Madrid. It was enough. Nonetheless it was, unexpectedly, the most amazing working experience I had ever had. Seeing people learning words, sentences and even passing language exams made me feel very proud and self-confident.
Keep calm, I know I am not a real teacher of Italian, I’m not a real teacher at all. I’d like but I’m not. Still. The issue is that I have tasted the emotion of help others with something I supposed to know, and this was great. So great that I would like to have more, as much as possible. I have six months for improving my skills and get it.
P.s. Only to inform: I love practicing sports (especially strength and fighting ones) and reading about history, politics and weird things like the ones about conspiracy theories, paranormal and UFO’s. 
I like lots of different kinds of music but my favourite band are the "The Birthday Massacre".

Pleased to meet you,

Leo

   

No comments:

Post a Comment