Thursday 3 September 2015

All about Chiara!

Hi there! My name is Chiara and I am from Bergamo, a small town at 50 km distance from the better known city of Milan, buzzing economic heart of my country, Italy. After getting a Bachelor in International Studies and European Institutions at the University of Milan, I moved to Padua for my Master and decided to spend my last student year as an Erasmus in the dynamic city of Valencia (Spain). 


Then I got back to Italy, got my Master in European Law and Policies and found a run-of-the-mill job in my hometown. Yet, I did not want my international journey to finish yet. Firstly, I started being more involved in my community and collaborating with an informal group of youngsters in my hometown organizing events on the themes of human rights, culture, heritage and active citizenship. 

Later, I found out about EVS and decided to embark into a new EVS adventure! I have been volunteering in MLC for Semper Avanti since August and I actually started off with a bang, since on my second day in Poland I was already heading to Nowy Gierałtów to participate to World at Our Home training course about human rights. I also have the chance to make some presentations and games about Italy in GERELIS language school in the last weeks and I found out that Poles (even the youngest ones) love my home country and already know so much about it! 


 I am really excited to be part of this project and I am eager to share something new about my culture with the people I meet, discover Poland, learn and improve myself in the exciting Wroclaw! On a side note, I have always been fascinated about more northern-like places and temperament, which can be quite different from what I am accustomed to. 

Unluckily, the language is still a barrier for me, but Polish classes will start soon and I am committed to learning it and becoming a bit “Polish” in this year ahead. Na razie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment