Tuesday 22 September 2015

Keep calm and... in bocca al lupo!


Waking up at 6.45 am on Sunday morning can be harsh, especially if you know that you will need to wake up at 4 am the very next day to catch a Polskibus to go to Warszawa. On 13 September, nevertheless, I was really curious about holding my cultural presentation in Zespół Szkół n.3.

The recipients were two groups of 17 - 18 years old vocational education students who are going to spend a month in Bologna next October. It was really interesting for me for many reasons. 

Firstly, it was the first time I could “test” my Italian presentation on Polish youngsters, I tried to include facts, history, some language expressions and...gestures.

 
Secondly, I had the chance to understand a bit more about what Poles think about my country, since I asked them about their expectations and about common ideas Polish have about it. This intercultural element is vital to me, in order to understand more Wroclaw and Polish culture during my EVS.

Finally I was really looking forward to explain my point of view to the kids who are going to Italy and to soften any cultural shock they might experience there. 


I have to say I did not expect such focussed and active groups! My experience was not only very enjoyable and interactive but mad me reflect on how to be a better speaker and trainer for future sessions. I really hope they enjoy their internship in Italy and I wish them a big “IN BOCCA AL LUPO”.



No comments:

Post a Comment