Sunday 6 September 2015

Julia`s polish summer!

Just 1 week left till the end of summer. Not so much at all but still there is some nice memories about my polish summer 2015.

I think it will be good to start from midterm EVS training. It took place in the beginning of summer. All volunteers who were involved in their projects more or less half a year had opportunity to get together in so calm, peaceful, historical city – Kaziemierz Dolny. We were living in the forest on the hill and most of our activities we did in the nature. It was in a form of conversations, discussions in small groups, games. Also I can say that we had really creative and interesting group of EVS volunteers from different countries. Participants were from: Indonesia, Ukraine, Belorussia, Georgia, Greece, German, Armenia, Mexico, Macedonia, France, Hungary and our trainers from Poland. I can just say this meeting and especially people gave me a lot of energy, new emotions and motivation.


Second good thing to remember is travelling and hitchhiking after training from Kaziemierz Dolny to Lublin.
After training some participants decided to  travel together. On the way we met different people, businessman of Kaziemierz Dolny, architecture  women, student boy from Warsaw. With them we have spent very good time, we shared our culture to them and also got many information about Poland. That`s  why hitchhiking is interesting and informative.


The first place of destination was Lublin.  It was even more  funny than I expected. We met one Ukrainian girl Daria, who hosted us, showed the city and shared her hospitality with us. We invited her to visit us in Wroclaw. Thanks to this trip we have got one very good friend.


Flash mob of Femininity

First of August, in the main square of Wroclaw was held Flash mob of Femininity.  It was amazing event. I think most of you will agree with me, when girls gathering together, they create a special atmosphere of the beauty. Exactly this atmosphere we were sharing  with everyone around!  Main idea of the flash mob was to give womens  flowers and to remind everyone about feminity.


“Global Village”

For more than four years I was a member of one youth international organization – AIESEC. Month ago I and other volunteers from Semper Avanti were invited to visit one cultural event “Global Village”. I was very happy to meet people from different countries, more over to try their national food and  talk about our cultures.


Training from Semper Avanti “World at our home”

Frankly speaking, it was the best training I have ever visited. Main topic of this training was Human Rights. All participants created really friendly atmosphere. People were from different part of the world. That week we became really good team. I really enjoyed with program. The most challenging part for me was simulation games, such as UN model, refuges game.  So many useful tools that I am sure every volunteer can use in daily life. This one week was big challenge for me, now I feel more confident at my work.


Thank you for attention.

I wish everyone to have good  weekJ







No comments:

Post a Comment